- Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am better than I really am?
- Am I honest in all my acts and words, or do I exaggerate?
- Do I confidently pass on to another what was told to me in confidence:
- Can I be trusted?
- Am I a slave to dress, friends, work or habits?
- Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
- Did the Bible live in me today?
- Do I give it time to speak to me every day?
- Am I enjoying prayer?
- When did I last speak to someone else of my faith?
- Do I pray about the money I spend?
- Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
- Do I disobey God in anything?
- Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
- Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy, or distrustful?
- How do I spend my spare time?
- Am I proud?
- Do I thank God that I am other people, especially as the Pharisee who despite the publican?
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
John Wesley's 22 Questions
These are the 22 questions the members of John Wesley’s Holy Club asked themselves each day in their private devotions over 200 years ago. There is no harm asking ourselves these very same questions as they are still relevant today.