and she has nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award!!
Thank you so much, Jess!!
I was so thrilled to get this bit of encouragement;
then wondered....WHAT is the Liebster Blog Award?
Where had I been?! I had never heard of this!!
So, I headed over to Jess's blog to see what this was all about!!
What is the Liebster Blog award?
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have not yet hit the 200 followers mark. The award is presented by a fellow blogger as a sort of pat on the back "you've got a great thing started" type of award.
"Liebster" is German for "favorite." This makes this a favorite blog award."
This sure looks like this will be a fun way of getting
to know my bloggie-friends!!
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Eleven Facts About Myself
1. I was born in Japan.
2. I grew up in the British Crown Colony of Hong Kong (now China.)
3. I lived in Hawaii during high school and my first year of college.
4. I graduated from college in California.
5. I love the Lord Jesus Christ with ALL of my heart.
6. I love going barefoot in my home.
7. I love hydrangeas so much that I have a border of them in my bedroom :-)
8. I played on the volleyball team in college (I sat on the bench, lol)
9. I like standing on my head!! It is a better perspective, you know!!
10. My husband is my best friend and sweetheart.
11. I love being a mother, homeschooling my children, and have learned that my righteousness is NOT in mySELF but in Christ alone.
Now For Jess's Questions
1. What is your favorite season?
Summer for sure!! Although, I enjoy each one as they come with their beauty in Spring, colors in Fall, and whites against browns in Winter!!
2. What is your favorite dessert?
Hmmm....Well, I love Chocolate Chip Cookies
but a Chocolate Chip and Oreo Cheesecake
would simply 'take the cake!!'
3. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Right where I am. I am content!!
4. What year did you graduate high school?
This is as bad as telling my age ;-)
I graduated on June 2nd, 1973
5. What is your idea of a perfect night out?
Sitting in Panera Bread with my husband talking intimately.
6.What is your favorite color?
Are you kidding?! I have lots of favorite colors,
but I'd have to say blue because I wear it the most,
and it is all through the upstairs of our home.
7. What is the funniest thing you've ever done?
Went out wearing TWO different kinds of shoes.
That is being a real mother!!
8.What is the most favorite item you have in your home?
My country style kitchen table!!
9. What do you enjoy most about snow (if you get snow!)?
Taking a walk down through our woods while it is snowing.
10. Who are your best friends?
Maryann G., Martha B., Kim P.,
Nita Brainard, Desiree M.
11. Why did you start your blog?
To glorify God.
To encourage other moms to serve their families and God.
Questions for the Blogs I've Nominated
1. Do you know the Lord Jesus Christ personally?
2. Where were you born?
3. What is your birth order and something funny about being a first born, middle born, 6th born, or whatever?
4. How old were you when you got married?
5. Have you ever broken a bone? How?
6. What is something funny you remember (one of) your toddler(s) doing?
7. What is your favorite zoo animal?
8. What is something funny that you got in trouble for as a kid (at least now that you can look back ;-)
9. Who has been the greatest Spiritual influence in your life?
10. What is your favorite flower?
11. Why do you blog?
Favorite Blogs I'm Nominating for the Liebster Blog Award!!
10. Teagan's Travels
Check out these great blogs and thanks so much for Jess over at Our Homestead For Him for nominating me!!
I'd LOVE you to leave a comment!!
Since I live out 'in-the-sticks'... friends, like you are a long ways away!!
Sooo, I'd love you to follow me on: