Saturday, January 28, 2012

Call Back!!

If you have gone a little way ahead of me, call back--
'Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track;
And if, perchance, Faith's light is dim, because the oil is low,
Your call will guide my lagging course as wearily I go.


Call back, and tell me that He went with you into the storm;
Call back, and say He kept you when the forest's roots were torn;
That when the heavens thundered and the earthquake shook the hill,
He bore you up and held you where the very air was still.


O friend, call back and tell me, for I cannot see your face;
They say it glows with triumph, and your feet bound in the race;
But there are mists between us, and my spirit eyes are dim, 
And I cannot see the glory, though I long for word of Him.


But if you'll say He heard you when your prayer was but a cry,
And if you'll say He saw you through the night's sin-darkened sky--
If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back--
'Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.


~Selected~


This beautiful poem is at the beginning of Rosalind Goforth's book, 'Climbing' that I have been telling you about. I think of this selection often as I 'climb' through my journey of life. I don't think I have shared this and just wanted to post it...as I haven't posted much lately. 


I write posts in my head as I go through my day...or jot down notes for ideas later...but lately, later hasn't come too often!! 


It is most important to serve the people God has given to us in our homes and lives. I find blogging is a good outlet for the need to write but not if I neglect my husbands and family. I can get wonderful ideas from the internet on being a keeper at home to better my homemaking skills (that can always use improvement, if not in outward skills, then in the inward skills of the heart...sitting at Jesus' feet instead of being such a Martha!!)


BUT...if I read and don't put some of these ideas into practice, what use is it?! In other words, if you read about cleaning your closet (or life out) and don't actually go clean your closet...what use is it!! It is like watching an exercise video and not doing the exercises!!


~Judith~

2 comments:

  1. The poem was so encouraging, thank you for sharing. I always love hearing from you, knowing you'll turn my heart to the Lord.

    I use draft form a lot to blog more efficiently. Like you, I have ideas throughout the day, but not always enough time to finish a post. I type in as much as I have, or maybe just download a picture that I know I want to blog about. I save the post as a draft, and often have as many as ten to choose from to finish. When the drafts get too old and are lost in the list of old posts, just resave with a newer date and move them to the top of the list again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good blogging idea!! Thanks for the encouraging words...and I always like reading down through your blog posts also...I love your special writing style as it is so refreshing!!

    ReplyDelete

If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back --
Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...