Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Praises in the Morning



Patterned After Psalm 52:8,9
April 8th, 2004
By Judith

But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God:
I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever.
I will praise thee for ever,
because thou hast done it:
and I will wait on thy name;
for it is good before thy saints.
Psalm 52:8,9 (KJV)

The olive tree is a simile representing that the one who trusts in the mercy of God is productive and secure.  I can see how it is not only “I” but “I am” and if the Holy Spirit dwells in us, we will flourish and grow like an olive tree as He dwells in our house, which is within us.  The following is patterned after a Psalm as the thought came to me one morning that David had set a wonderful example of prayer and praise to our God.

But I am like an oak tree in God’s garden;
Which spreads its branches over the yard,
Providing shelter and protection.
Like God, the large oak offers much to us;
It was cut down one day and milled.
Like the oak, God sacrificed His only Son;
I will trust in the mercy of God forever and ever.
He has blessed me beyond measure,


Praise His name!
I will praise Him forever.
He brought me out from heading the wrong direction.
Because You have done it,
I will praise Your name!
I blundered along through the years,
Making many mistakes.
He quietly guided me,
He gently lead me along the way.
Praise His name!
He put me on the right path,
But I still didn’t have everything ‘right’.
He quietly guided me,
He gently lead me along the way.
Praise His name!
He brought me closer and closer,
And sometimes I strayed off the path.
He quietly pulled me back,
He gently lead me down the right path.
I will praise His name!
Here I am after 25 years;
With a very special husband,
And seven wonderful children!
Have I made many mistakes?
Plenty!
He continues to quietly guide me,
He constantly leads me with His gentle hand.
Praise His name!
It has ALL been worth it!
Every difficult day, every wonderful day!
Have I sometimes strayed off the path?
He has brought me back,
And I will continually hear Him calling,
I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever.
I will praise You forever,
Because You have done it;
And in the presence of Your saints,
I will wait on Your name, for it is good,


Because here I am . . .
And the Husband and children You have given me.
I will wait on Your name,
How good Your name is!
How about you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back --
Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...