Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Christmas Thought & WholeHearted Home Wednesdays #20

A Christmas Thought
by Helen Steiner Rice

If there had never been a Christmas
or the Holy Christ Child's birth,
Or the angels singing in the sky
of promised peace on earth
What would the world be like today
with no eternal goal,
What would the temporal body be
without a living soul?
Just what would give us courage
to push on when hope is dead
Except the Christmas message
and the words our Father said---
"In love I send My only Son
to live and die for you,
And through His resurrection
you will gain a new life, too."


WholeHearted Featured Faves

I truly would have liked to feature each and every one of you!! I chose to feature those posts that spoke deeply to my heart this week. 


Auntie Em over at Auntie Em's Guide to Life shared:



Jess over at Our Homestead for Him



Stephanie over at The Enchanting Rose



I'd LOVE you to leave a comment!!

Since I live out 'in-the-sticks'... friends, like you are a long ways away!!
Sooo, I'd love you to follow me on: 

Don't forget to linkup your favorite posts:



~Judith~

Print Friendly and PDF

WholeHearted Home Wednesday 

Linkup #20

Time has flown by and it's time to share again!!

I love reading the posts you link, so hurry, hurry, hurry and linkup.

Keep your posts family-friendly on topics such as:

Mothering
Marriage is for Keeps
Homemaking
Homeschooling
From Your Kitchen
Organizing your Home
Gardening
Mom's Sharing Jesus
And any way you have
WholeHeartedly served Christ in your Home!!
  1. Keep each post honoring to God.
  2. Post as many posts as you'd like.
  3. Remember the purpose is for community; and women love conversation!! So, please visit at least one blogger who posted on my Linky Party :-)
  4. Be sure to link back to WholeHearted Home.
  5. This Linky Party is open until Saturdays at 11:59pm
  6. Thank you from the bottom of my heart as each of your posts are always such a blessing to me and other ladies. Happy linking! 
Thanks for dropping by!!!
Comments make my day!!



20 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring me! I enjoy linking up here each week! Have a great day!
    Blessings,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome!! I enjoy your blog so much also!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for hosting again dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome...you really encouraged my heart this week!!

      Delete
  3. Hello, my dear friend! Thank you for the beautiful and touching poem today - would it be okay if I printed it out? I want to frame it and put it up with my Christmas decorations. I just love the words and was truly blessed when I read it. Thanks for featuring my post :) I am daily reminded of God's goodness and grace - how thankful I am for His love! Have a wonderful day!

    Hugs to you,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure that it would be fine to print it out. I have a book by Helen Steiner Rice called the Christmas Blessings and that is where I have gotten several of my Christmas poems.

    Have a wonderful day, Stephanie, and keep writing and blessing others through your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have left you a Christmas message on my blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a sweet friend, Wendy!! You always pleasantly surprise me and give me wonderful blessings. Have a wonderful Christmas with your husband. I am praying for you. Love you!! Mele Kalikimaka!! (Hawaiian)

      Delete
  6. Sweet Judith...every time I see your statement about living out in the sticks I just chuckle. Hope you don't get confused, but I changed the blog & URL today. Decided that my mind & heart is so filled with mom that I blended everything together & then dot com-ed it so that it would be all mine. Hope you will stop by. I'm off to visit those you've shared here. As always thanks for hosting. Big hugs to you, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your comment...and I really do live out in the sticks :-) It is 22 miles or so to Walmart, and 45 minutes to church!! I love your new blog...such smiles it brought to my face.

      Delete
  7. I love Christmas poems. Helen Steiner Rice wrote such beautiful ones. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the lovely poem & features & for hosting, & God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so welcome, Laurie. Thanks for linking!!

      Delete
  9. Judith...I enjoy reading Helen Steiner Rice. She was so eloquent with her words and gets the point across. Thank you for hosting friend. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Naomi. You have a wonderful week also!!

      Delete
  10. Oh how beautiful the Christmas story is! :) Thank you for sharing, linking up and hosting ;) Blessings sis!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the poem! Thanks for linking it up this week! :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back --
Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...