Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Peace of God Which Passeth All Understanding



by Jennifer Daniel





Philippians 4:7


Not a glimpse of reason
Never knowing why!
Despite my prayers and seeking
Closed the Heavenly sky!

Questioning His dealings
Dark my present path!
Thwarted expectations
Scorners point and laugh!

As Thy child–I’ll conquer
All the foe would do!
Peace–‘not understand’
Has filled my heart anew.


Not as the world expecteth
When all seems lost and wrong
Peace past understanding
Has changed my sob to song!!


"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:7)


There is a saying that I like that says, "Go forward on your knees." It is from a book I am reading about Jonathan and Rosalind Goforth who were missionaries to China a long, long time ago. I don't think that there are any of us who have no trials or tribulations of any kind. If you are one who doesn't  have any of these things, let me know!! Whether it is relational, or financial, as long as we are alive we have hiccups in life and the need for prayer is always there. 


Blessings,


~Judith~







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back --
Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...