Tuesday, October 18, 2011

'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus



I haven't posted in quite a while....I keep thinking of things to post but life has been so full that there really hasn't been time. Time. Such a fleeting thing time is!! We assume to get up each morning to a new day...how short life is!! When I pull up the shades each morning, I often reflect on how many times I have done this simple task and looked out on a new day.


Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. 
James 4:14


We usually start our day by singing a song around the breakfast table. Lest you think how spiritual we are, we don't always 'want' to sing so early in the day, nor does my voice sound so great...it is actually rather croaky!! I always try to remember how verse after verse in Psalms tells of the importance of raising our voices in praise to the LORD. Often, we find a song where my children sound so nice together, and on other days...well...we just sing anyways knowing that a joyful noise still brings praise to God.

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, 
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise; 
Just to know, "Thus saith the Lord."

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! 
O for grace to trust Him more!

O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
Just in simple faith to plunge me
'Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

I'm so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o're and o're!
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!

I love hymns!! They are full of theology. Comforting theology that can comfort the soul or send a thrill through the heart to uplift and encourage a person to look to Jesus. Lately it seems, there have been so many concerns in my life, and those of others that are my friends, and those that I have never met. Serious concerns. We were never promised that our lives would be easy or filled with what we would say was 'good', yet, the LORD is good and in His Sovereign will, what He sees fit for our lives or those of our friends is good. Good in a way that we cannot always comprehend because His thoughts are not our thoughts.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways" 
Isaiah 55:8

For the past couple weekends, we have had the privilege of having Bro. Roy Daniel speak at our church. He spoke a series of messages on witnessing to the lost. This challenged many in our church to be more effective and to take the time to get out there on the streets or in our local neighborhoods and share the gospel. We went downtown in the city nearest our church. My daughter and I were approached by some "J.W." women who were on their lunch-break. They began to try to 'convert' us as much as we were trying to open up their hearts to the gospel.  Soon into the conversation, it started to pouring so hard we were drenched to the skin. One person took shelter under the umbrella of a man selling hot dogs and bought a hot dog and witnessed to the salesman. Others took cover under the eve of a building and talked with people there. We all learned how important it is to study our Bibles and learn a little of how the lost think so we may thoughtfully share how sweet it is to trust in Jesus.


~Judith~

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back --
Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...