Monday, February 20, 2012

Hands Up, Stick them Up!! I Surrender!!




Do you have a vision for your child? 

Have you forgotten your vision in the midst of raising your children? 

Are your children leaving the nest? 

Have they already left home? 

Do you  have a prodical child? 

If you are still a young mother, don't ever think there is no possibility that your child could ever walk away from all that you have taught him/her. Always pray for your children. Our children's hearts are deceitfully wicked, just like their parents hearts.

Do not loose sight of your vision and don't let your vision perish. Keep your eyes on Jesus and fully surrender each day to the Lord. Keep praying for your children's future, keeping your eyes on the big picture...the purpose for you being in your child's life is so that you can be used by God to prepare your child to serve God. For those who have a child who is 'in the far country'...don't loose that vision you once had for that child as God is alive and is able to hear our prayers and work in the child's life. 

Today while we ate our fellowship lunch at church, a couple in their eighties shared how their oldest son had been drinking alcohol for years. For years they prayed for this son. About six years ago this son turned his life around and is now walking with the Lord. When this son turned his life around he was in his 50s!! Now, I thought, how painful it would be for a mother (in particular) to wait that many years!! Yet, this couple was so pleased with the faithfulness of God. Never give up. Keep surrendered.

One of the hardest things for many mothers is when her children leave the nest. 

I just started reading the preface (I always read everything preceding the start of a book) of Andrew Murray's, Humility and Absolute Surrender, again. I have read this wonderful book at least four other times. It is one of those books that is good to read over and over. 

Andrew Murray was born in South Africa in 1828, and at age 10, along with his brother, was sent to Scotland for his education. All I could think of was his mother!! She wasn't mentioned but I know there must have been a sacrifice on her part. She must have prayed fervently for these two sons. She must have totally surrendered them to God for the outcome of their lives. Her prayers were answered beyond measure as Andrew Murray grew up to return to South Africa to preach and pray for revival for years. His books have blessed many people down through the years.

Many parents back in the 1800s and even through the mid-1900s had to send their children back to their homeland for their education. I can't imagine. The challenge for me is to really pray for my children's future and that the Lord would really use them. We are blessed today to be able to have our children live at home much longer than in the past. Are we thankful? Do we really realize how important it is to become a mother who prays earnestly and fervantly for our children? 

Here is something that Andrew Murray wrote in later years as an older man which I think would bless each of us: 

"I have learned 
to place myself
 before God 
every day, 
as a vessel to be 
filled 
with his Holy Spirit.
If there is one lesson 
I am learning day by day, 
it is this: 
that it is 
God 
who worketh 
all in all." 

How important it is for mothers to place themselves before God each day, as a vessel to be filled by the Holy Spirit. I have found that in my own strength, I fail: but that with God's strength; even though circumstances are the same, He strengthens me day by day and moment by moment. 

Moment by moment, I'm kept in His love;
Moment by moment, I've life from above;
Looking to Jesus, the glory doth shine;
Moment by moment, Oh Lord, I am Thine.

As mothers we are called to a life of holiness and virtue, not by our own strength but by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

~Judith~


This post is linked up to:






No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back --
Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...