Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Monday Menu Mania Saves $$$



It's Monday.... and since I didn't plan what we will eat last Friday...it is 'Menu Plan Monday!!'




Calzone Rustica


I would like to say that I always have a menu planned and ready for the coming week complete with a grocery list that I used for my shopping. If the truth be known (which in this case, I'd rather you thought the best of me) I have cooked whatever came to mind (especially to my mind at 5pm) and have been known to almost always enter the grocery store having forgotten my list (if I had one)!! I have fallen into culinary ruts or forgotten that the season changed and sandwiches needed to morph into soups and casseroles. It is from this lack of planning thereof that I have grown to understand and love the order and peace that a menu brings to our home. 

That doesn't mean that everyone in our home loves my 'mania' over menus (if you want to call it that) but it sure beats the mania which ensues when a menu doesn't exist!! Chaos to put it plainly!! I have tried various methods of planning a menu such as placing it on the fridge using a pre-printed form, or doing it up on my computer using a calendar. By far the best is using 'Plan to Eat' to import recipes from the internet or type up my own recipes. I found it just before Christmas when reading Our Simple Country Life and have been learning to use the features of this wonderful menu planner and recipe book. 'Plan to Eat' is a snap. I hope you click on the thumbprint bellow and look into this system.

I thought that I would print my menu this week (what else was I going to blog about?!) as sharing recipes is as old as the hills that I live in. What better way to fellowship and encourage one another than to share ideas about cooking. This week, I checked what meat I already had on hand and made my menu accordingly. Other weeks I make my menu just because. There are days when I swap around what I am going to cook, or one of my daughters decides to cook up a storm of her own choosing. Ideally, she should give me her choice before I go shopping...but then it wouldn't be so deliciously spontaneous!! 

Enjoy!!

Menu Plan #2
(February 20-25th, 2012)

Breakfast:  Cereal (Cheerios to be exact)
Lunch: Frozen Pizza Leftovers

Tuesday
Breakfast: Baked Oatmeal
Lunch: Bagel Tuna Melt
Supper:  Crunchy Garlic Drumsticks

Wednesday
Breakfast: Extra-Moist Scrambled Eggs with Chives
Lunch: Tuna Burgers
Supper:  Indonesian Fried Rice

Thursday
Breakfast: Ultimate Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pancakes
Lunch: Leftovers (probably frozen pizza)
Supper:  Creamy Egg and Noodle Bake

Friday
Breakfast: Belgium Waffles
Lunch: Whatever Ya Can Find!!
Supper:  Two-Bean Burger Casserole

Saturday
Breakfast: Chocolate-Stuffed Pancakes
Lunch: Probably Store-Boughten Rolls
Supper: Gold Medal Classic Pizza




This is an online meal planning and recipe book program that I use to plan my meals. I have found it to be time saving and easy to use. It helps to take the stress out of meal planning and keeps my recipe right at my fingertips (literally.)







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back --
Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...