Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Praying for the Children






Is there something you are praying about? I like reading about prayer, but do I pray enough? Do you? Sometimes (like almost every day) I have a concern for one (or all seven) of my children and need to pray for them. 


Do you ever feel inadequate for the job as a mom?? Of course not!! Really?? Maybe you really don't. When I was younger, I was foolish enough not to be overly concerned and I was swept along from day to day, tired and exhausted by the end of the day. If there is one thing I would like to tell anyone younger who happens along to my blog...is never to neglect praying for your children. Ever!!


When children are young there are the usual concerns for their safety and well-being. I want to impress on every mother of young or older children to pray over your children's choices and future. I know the future can seem a looooooooooong way off when they are little. Don't underestimate the need for prayer over what lies ahead that we cannot foretell. 

My Grandma Ella Watson, told me when I was ten years old, that she prayed for my cousin's family. Their father was an alcoholic and the boys needed her prayers. It was years and years later that my mother visited her home church and found her nephew (one of those cousins) and his wife and daughter, now saved and attending church faithfully. I realized also, that if my grandma prayed for my cousins, she also prayed for me (a no-brainer, I suppose.)

"And he spake a parable unto them to this end, 
that men ought always to pray
and not to faint; saying, 
There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: 
And there was a widow in that city: and she came unto him, saying, 
Avenge me of mine adversary.
 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, 
Though I fear not God, nor regard man; 
Yet because this widow troubleth me,
 I will avenge her, lest by her continued coming she weary me. 
And the Lord said, 
Hear what the unjust judge saith. 
And shall not God avenge his own elect, 
which cry day and night unto him, 
though he bear long with them?
 I tell you that he will avenge them 
speedily
Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, 
shall he find faith on the earth?"
~Luke 18:1-8~

Sometimes it seems better to give up. . .but don't listen to those thoughts and press on, fight on. 

Ah...it is time to switch the laundry just one more time!! 

~Judith~

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for these precious reminders. Sometimes it takes so long to see prayers answered in the lives of your children.

    Taking the admonishment to FAINT NOT!

    ReplyDelete

If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back --
Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...