Thursday, May 17, 2012

Establishing Healthy Habits






But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.  
1 Timothy 4:7

For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable 
unto all things having promise of the life that now is, 
and of that which is to come.
1 Timothy 4:8


I exercised on and off while my children were growing up and then there were eight years where keeping fit was not part of my day. When I was pregnant, I exercised. When my children were babies, and I had children from teen to toddlers...I exercised with them crawling around between and under my legs. There really isn't much reason not to exercise because our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and so we need to be a good steward of the amazingly wonderful body that God gave us...and keep fit...or we just might find ourselves fit to be tied!!

Simply put...I gained 25 pounds and lost them when I started exercising again. I use T-Tapp and just love it!! 

My goals for keeping healthy are to exercise each morning. Where in the past,  I could get away with exercising a couple times a week, I can't now!! I need to 'move' when I get up in the morning to get those kinks out of my back, shoulder, neck, and knees. It also wakes me up to have a more alert Quiet Time.

I have slacked off in other healthy habits and here are some goals:

  1. Daily Quiet Time alone with my Lord. 
  2. Exercise 15 - 30 minutes each morning.
  3. Get outside and work on bushes, weeds, and flowers around the house or take a walk.
  4. MOVE. MOVE. MOVE. Cleaning is MOVING!!
  5. Drink 2 glasses of water before breakfast (and hopefully 4-6 more.)
  6. Think thoughts that are uplifting, encouraging, and not melancholy.
  7. Be Thankful (May's Habit for the Month) continually for others and what God has and IS doing for me and others
  8. Pray continually for others so I won't have time to think thoughts that drift downward.

What are YOUR healthy habits??

Marci, over at the Thankful Homemaker got me started on making some healthy goals. Hop on over to her place and read what she shared.

~Judith~

Link Ups:



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back --
Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...