"Be His Valentine"
Lilla Rose Giveaway
Have you ever sat down to write that post you were dreaming up all morning to go blank? Swoosh and it was gone? Have you ever whirled through your morning routine and finally gave up on housework (as it just got dirty all over again) thinking you would 'reward' yourself with time to write?
That is exactly what I just did!!
I am also wondering if I can write a random post about nothing, turning the mundane into the interesting.
All I wanted to do today was just write.
I have my priorities straight (though I didn't bake bread) as I have run circles around this house with things that I never thought would take this long. So, you can't say I am having a bit of blogging enjoyment while all chaos breaks out around me.
So, if you had your:
- quiet time this morning,
- your home is in order,
- children fed,
- read to,
- or off-to-school,
- or you married them off (Ha, ha!!)
- then get a cup of coffee (I have to say that)
- or drink some tea with me
- while we take a break and have a little chat.
Here are some Guidelines for Brainstorming a Blog Post:
- Stop and jot down ideas as they come!!
- Or Stop and write the post while ideas are flowing.
- Do NOT check Facebook!!
- Do NOT stop by Twitter!!
- Stop scrolling through Pinterest!!
- Do NOT neglect your children for blogging (you'll pay later). Maybe they are napping??
- Go Directly to Jail; Do NOT pass Go; Do NOT collect $200.
Here is How to Go to Blogging Jail:
- Put yourself into seclusion in the middle of your messy life and write the draft for your blog post...in jail. NOT where you are inaccessible.
- Stay focused.
- No sidetracking.
- Set a timer for 30 minutes and write furiously until those thoughts are on
- No interruptions (unless you have babies, toddlers, tweens, and teens who need a mother)
- STOP when the timer goes off!!
- Return to whatever you were doing before 'said' brainstorm.
- Dangerous if repeated before your home and family is cared for.
So, I have finished this post in 30 minutes flat (NOT) and wrote about what happens when I forget what my brainstorm was all about!!
Don't forget the Lilla Rose Giveaway on Tuesday 12am through Friday 12M
I'd LOVE you to leave a comment!!
Since I live out 'in-the-sticks'... friends, like you are a long ways away!!
Sooo, I'd love you to follow me on:
Don't forget to linkup your favorite posts: