Monday, March 5, 2012

No Meal Plan?!


Oh no!! It is 5 O'clock and I forgot to take the meat out of the freezer!! Meat?? No meat in the freezer?? FORGOT to grocery shop?!?!?!?!


Ever gotten swept away by what is urgent at that moment...babies? toddlers? teenagers? laundry? a full day of homeschooling? and suddenly (yes, suddenly) realized the time??


It is because of days like these that I try to have a plan. Sometimes my 'plan' has been sketchy and other times over the years it has been loosely planned but yet it is a plan. 

Here is a casserole that I found recently with a few "tweeks" to make it tasty for our family. 





My recipes are put together at "Plan to Eat"



I am having to remember to cook less!! In the past year-and-a-half our family size has decreased by four people!! There was a time, not so long ago, that I needed to cook two boxes of pasta. Any leftovers would get eaten the following day for lunch. Now, I use half a box and end up with leftovers that do not get eaten!! Someday I will be cooking for two again...and what does that look like??!!

I am "Making My Home Sing Today" by doing the meal planning for this week. It is going to be a very busy week and I think I just better have some ideas for suppers. I try to do this on Friday, but didn't find the time...now I need to get moving and make a plan!!


~Judith~




1 comment:

  1. Right now I'm cooking for one less because the oldest is at college out of state, but that's not so bad. I basically cook the same food with a little left over. I can't imagine going back to cooking for two, lol! Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete

If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back --
Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...