Wife, Mother, and Friend: Life is a Vapour
Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow.
For what is your life?
It is even a vapour,
That appeareth for a little time,
and then vanisheth away.
A special friend is a gift from God.
We don't know how long a friend will be in our life.
Hug your husband in a sweet embrace,
Squeeze your children closer,
And hug your friend tight,
Yet, with a hand opened to God's will.
Over the years, many friends have moved away.
Or I have moved.
My sweet friend, Melissa, has moved to her eternal home in Heaven where there is no more pain, no sorrow, but instead victory and joy.
- Melissa loved the Lord Jesus Christ with all her heart.
- Her life reflected Christ.
- She dearly loved her husband and best friend.
- She loved her six children (8-23yo) dearly and would do anything in guiding them to walk with the Lord.
- She was loved by many, many friends.
- She had the ministry of a smile. A big smile. She would laugh at the funny and tough things in life.
- She was brave and courageous and fought the fight well.
- I know that God will say to her, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."
Be sure your life reflects Jesus Christ and that in all you do you glorify the Lord because none of us know what today will bring.
God saw she was getting tired
And a cure was not to be,
So He put His arms around her
And whispered, "Come with Me,"
With tearful eyes we watched her suffer
And saw her fade away,
Although we loved her dearly
We could not make her stay.
A golden heart stopped beating
Hard working hands to rest,
God broke our hearts to prove to us
He only takes the best.
As beauty ripens,
Must death invade?
The grasses wither;
The flower fade?
The Lord has taken
Our rose away;
'Twas He who gave it,
We can't say Nay.
And memory hallows
Her lingering scent
That sweetly eases
Our sore lament.
The pain of parting
Was not our choice,
But that we knew her
We still rejoice.
Our rose so fragrant
Who left behind
The lovely savour
Of Christ's own mind;
Our rose, so gentle,
So loved, so sweet,
Will make our Savior
An offering meet.
Though tears and sorrow
Surround her grave,
We thank Him deeply
For what He gave.
August 23, 2012
I'd LOVE you to leave a comment!!
Since I live out 'in-the-sticks'... friends, like you are a long ways away!!
Sooo, I'd love you to follow me on:
with some of my favorite blogs on the Sidebar