Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pressed



I found this poem in a little book called "The Disciplines of Life" by V. Raymond Edman.  This book has a copywrite of 1948; a date before my time and yours. 

There is so much written back fifty to more than a hundred years ago that goes unread in a day of 'connecting' and 'blogging.' I am going to make an effort to spend time this week reading the wisdom shared through a book written more than thirty years ago. I don't mean a novel but a book that will encourage my walk with the Lord.

Pressed out of measure and pressed to all length,
Pressed so intently, it seems beyond strength,
Pressed in the body, and pressed in the soul,
Pressed in the mind till the dark surges roll,
Pressure by foes, and pressure by friends,
Pressure on pressure till life nearly ends.

Pressed into knowing no helper but God,
Pressed into loving the staff and the rod,
Pressed into liberty where nothing clings,
Pressed into faith for impossible things,
Pressed into living a life in the Lord,
Pressed into living a Christ-life outpoured.
                                             ~Selected~

This poem ministered to my heart as I hope it does yours. 

Have you picked up an actual book this past week? If not, will you read something this week that will encourage you spiritually? 



I'd LOVE you to leave a comment!!

Since I live out 'in-the-sticks'... friends, like you are a long ways away!!
Sooo, I'd love you to follow me on: 

~Judith~

6 comments:

If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back --
Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...