Baby Steps, Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps, baby steps, is what FlyLady is always reminding her readers to do when it comes to any household adventure. My last post about the kitchen could certainly overwhelm any friend reading my blog. If THAT is YOU, I want you to do what my children sometimes tell me (not so often now, have I finally made progress??) Mom's RELAX!!
Keep Menu Making Simple!! Baby Steps, Remember?!
- Don't stress over a WHOLE month; WholeHeartedly do just ONE week!!
- Make the same thing EVERY SINGLE Saturday. We have made pizza for years on Saturday, making Saturdays a no-brainer.
- Then you only have 5 weekdays and Sundays.
- Look at your calendar each week and pay attention to nights where something is scheduled. Make an easy peasy quick meal. You might want to prepare it ahead or use the crock pot.
Never Follow Me!!
- When my children were young and I was too (no comments please) I would make a shopping list...BUT...I would either forget it at home or leave it in the car!! No joke!! Don't laugh!!
- Frequently I cook supper and forget to thaw what I planned to make or to look at my fridge in case the list was there!! No joke!! Don't laugh!!
- Recently, it was an easy peasy quickie night because we had brass band and prayer meeting at church. I thawed some sausage, cooked up onions and the sausage, then decided to boil some eggs for my husband's lunch (threw in a few extra eggs), then opened a can of corn (then realized it wasn't creamed corn), opened up the fridge only to find leftover Creamed Corn from the other day (perfect!!)....BUT I forgot to look at my menu I posted so faithfully about!! I had planned, Sausage Egg Casserole!! I suddenly realized I was cooking sausage, onions, and hard boiled eggs. All I would have to do is to assemble them and voila!! My man would be happy!!
The best laid plans of Mice and Man!!
Do you have blond moments like this??
Menu Planning and List Making is an excellent discipline and sure helps you to remember to buy milk at the store. Whatever you do, don't over-stress over the process and try to get everything done at once, and if you can only do part of it right now because of the stage you are in, that is just fine!!
I'd LOVE you to leave a comment!!
Since I live out 'in-the-sticks'... friends, like you are a long ways away!!
Sooo, I'd love you to follow me on:
Flexi Clips from Lilla Rose
Just the thing to keep hair controlled
without the discomfort of claw clips
Flexi Clips of the month
Order while supply lasts!!