Friday, July 20, 2012

Best Blogging Basics



Last week I shared what I have learned from three blogisphere-friends who have been gracious enough to pass on tips of things they have learned through blogging. This week, I am sharing another friend, Jacinda Vandenberg from the Growing Home, who has a tremendous amount to offer. If you are building your blog and are rather 'New-on-the-Block,' stick around while you sip a tall glass of sweet tea!!


I have certainly sipped a few too many glasses and eaten a couple too many cookies while putting together this post tonight!! 


Enjoy your visit, link up on my first Linky, Wholehearted Home Wednesdays, and hop around the Haven of Rest a bit and enjoy the fellowship!!




Jacinda Vandenburg over at the Growing Home has written two wonderful e-books on blogging. I am thankful for the time and effort that she put into this project, especially because she has balanced it with young children and her husband. She is a dedicated blogger who will not sacrifice her family time for the sake of building a blog, something I value.


These e-books are only $4.99 each!! I bought them both and have started to gradually improve several things on my blog. You can too!! I so appreciate this sweet young lady who is much more techy-savy than I am for sharing all she has learned for such a great price!! There is LOTS of information 'out there' with tutorials and posts written to give help for blogging but NONE are so simply explained that even the technically challenged <grin> can master blogging!! You see, I have sooo much to learn because even the digital camera is a challenge (don't laugh!! ;-) and so using photobucket or picmonkey is a learning curve. 


I want to make my blog the best I can for only one reason: to glorify and magnify the Lord Jesus Christ. Making my blog as attractive as possible for reading ease is important. I have wanted my home to be a 'Haven of Rest' for many years, even through years when it didn't seem to reflect a restful haven at all ;-) and more so, I desire my blog to reflect that desire. One way I can do that is to make it appealing to the visual, to your eyes, giving a restful 'feel'. 


Learning all that I can about blogging is important to glorifying the Lord through my blog. Since I don't have the finances for blogging right now (like who does ;-) I have been looking around for those who share their knowledge with little or no investment at all. That is why Jacinda's e-books grabbed my attention. I could do $4.99 twice for two books!! That's only $10!! 


I must tell you, that it still takes work and dedication. At least for the technically challenged like me ;-) !!!! I have a grab button now, and plan to improve it as time allows the way Jacinda has shared in her book. What a blessing she has been!!


Without going on and on any longer, I will let you read what she shares and decide for yourself!!


Just click on the pictures!!



How To Grow Your Blog


Available for $4.99!

How To Design Your Own Blog


Available for $4.99!
Compatible with Wordpress and Blogger platforms.

If you missed my post a couple weeks ago, here are the three blogs who share free blogging tips. I have included the complete post here for easy access.

Jasmine over at
Shares these tips:




Erica over at 
shares these tips:


Gail shares these tips 
over at:
1-Minute Bible Love Notes




I hope that you have found all this information as helpful as I have. Drop by each of these sweet friends' blog and see what else they have to share and thank them for all their hard work!!

In Christ Alone,
Judith

Visit me on Facebook!!

Fave Link Ups:



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have gone a little way ahead, O friend, call back --
Twill cheer my heart and help my feet along the stony track.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...